Saturday, August 9, 2014

inspiration

Still can't get past the title of the entry I want to make & it's eating at me.  I know I just need to start writing & the title will come, but call it writer's block ... it's just not happening.

I went to a musical last night with my business partner & her granddaughter, one of our pre-teen dancers.  Totally gonna write off that trip since we're doing a similar theme for next year's recital & it was a great source of inspiration for me!  And yes, we were doing tap steps in our seats during the show & I was mentally picturing how to use some of the choreography for our use!

I'm continuing to be amazed at the number of registrations we are getting this early.  Completely thrilled!  But it's also making me realize how far behind I am.  We HAVE to get registration dates set so I can get flyers made, website updated, facebook posts made, etc.  Flyers really need to go to daycares by Friday ... Thursday would be better.  I can't say for sure that our weekly blasts naming our registered students is working, but we did get 3 more returning students since our last blast!  Yay!

Well, I didn't really start this blog to be a diary of our daily lives in the studio, but I'm hoping that by seeing some of this insight, people will understand what we have to do to keep ourselves in business and that it's not all fun & games & money rolling in.  (bwahahah, that's funny)

I need to get an ad done to post so I will stop now & really try to get past that writer's block I'm having.



No comments:

Post a Comment